After publishing my article on how to create a sign-up form, I had a query about how to publicise it. This article tells you how to find the URL for your sign-up form in order to promote and link to the sign-up form in various places on the Web, including your own website, Facebook, etc.
Why would I want to publicise my MailChimp sign-up form?
You can have the best form in the world, but if you don’t share it, no one will sign up. Places to promote and share your sign-up form include …
- Your website and / or blog
- Your email signature
- Your company Facebook page
- Posts on your company Facebook page
- Your LinkedIn profile or updates
How do I find the URL of my MailChimp sign-up form?
The key to all of this is to find the URL or web address of your sign-up form. Every one has it, but it’s hard to find. Here’s how you do it.
From the first page of MailChimp, when you’ve signed in, click Lists:
Then, choose the list whose sign-up form you want to promote (like me, you probably only have one) by clicking on the link:
Now click on Signup forms:
Now you will find a list of ways to create a form which does not look like the right place. It IS the right place.
Incidentally, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will find ways to create a sign-up form embedded in a Facebook page or on a tablet, where people can enter their details directly. Both of these options walk you through the process.
For the moment, we’re looking for that URL, so scroll back up and click on General Forms (which is where you created your sign-up form in the first place):
Although it really doesn’t look like this is the place to go, I know, here you will find your URL!
You can copy and paste this URL and put it anywhere on the Web.
In addition, this page also has little icons for Facebook, Twitter and QR. These will just generate a link for you (if you’ve linked your MailChimp account to Facebook and Twitter for sharing purposes). Clicking on the Facebook icon will give you this post ready to pop on your Facebook page:
How do I share my MailChimp newsletter sign-up form on social media and my website?
Now you have the URL which links to your sign-up form, you can add that link anywhere you want.
- On your website, you might do as I have (look right!) and add a link to the sign-up form to your menu. In WordPress.com, you can choose Appearance – Widgets and create a Text widget. Then use HTML coding to add a link, for example <a href=”YOURURL”>Sign up for my email newsletter! </a>
- In your email signature, use your email service to add a line to every email you send, again, you will probably need the coding above.
- On Facebook, use the embedded form mentioned above, or do a post including the URL and “pin” it to the top of your Facebook page
- Everywhere else – share the URL and get people flocking (maybe) to your sign-up form.
In this article, we’ve learned how to find the URL or web address of your MailChimp newsletter sign-up form in order to share it on the Internet, and talked about how and where you can share it. You can find a growing set of articles on blogging, social media MailChimp etc. in my resource guide.
Do click on the share buttons below or comment if you found this article interesting or useful!
Other relevant posts on this blog: